Back To Life Pilates 80+
BACK TO LIFE PILATES 80+
Back To Life Pilates 80+ is a chair based Pilates class for those who are not able to reach the floor or find standing too challenging due to the poor balance or overall body weakness.
If you are able to climb a flight of stairs (our Studio is on the 1st floor) and you're 80+ or older, then you must join this class.
Class evolves through the following sequence:
- Opening – Pilates breathing, neutral alignment and core engagement
- Warming sequence - mobility of main joins and flexibility of main muscle groups
- Strength building - mixture of chair and standing exercises using Pilates balls, bands and light weights
- Balance - standing exercises to improve balance and concentration
- Cool down – static seated or standing stretches, relaxation